Friday, January 13, 2012

Hurt, disappointment, pain.

I know that you love me, and I love you, too. But you should know that what you do to yourself hurts me much more than it hurts you. I'm here for you now, I've come back for you, to get to know you better, to get the connection that my 11 year old self broke. And you do this? I know that sometimes you only focus on the bad, we all do it, but mom, you've got me and my brother now. I only want you to be here, for the big things in my life, like my graduation, and me going off to college. Ryan only wants you to be there for him too.

I never needed you before, but now that you are in my life, I need you more than ever. I feel like, when you do this, you don't really care that I'm here trying to get back my mother. I know you're an alcoholic, but shouldn't the good things in your life outweigh the bad? You're going to damage the relationships you have if you keep focusing on the bad.

You told me today that you and Tony were done, and I was disappointed, because I knew how much he made you happy. I don't want to lose you again, Mom. I'll try to be strong, and I'll try to stay, but it's going to be really hard if I can't see you much anymore. I love you, you need to get better.

For you, not for me. Not for Ryan. You've got to want to be a better person, and I'm not sure you want that like you say you do.

No comments: