Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I remember the day I fell in love with you.

I remember that day.
I don't know the dates, or the exact conversation.

but I fell in love with you on your couch.
Laying down, the two of us squished somewhat comfortably on that little leather thing.
I was on the inside, and like most of the time, we were facing each other.

You said something, and I smiled.
and I all of the sudden was completely and madly in love with you (not that I wasn't falling before then).
I became so nervous that I was literally shivering.
so nervous.
sweaty palms.
fast heartbeat.
I wanted to tell you so bad.
but I was so afraid that you wouldn't feel the same.


and so, I spelled it out, in sign language. 
a few times.
and when you asked,
I told you.

I remember that the first time I said it, you didn't say it back to me
and I was so scared that you thought I was some stupid young girl who had misjudged her feelings.
I felt like crying. but I didn't. 

I left, but I knew, positively that I loved you.

No comments: