Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow.

My feet are cold and it chills me, so much that I get goosebumps engulfing my body.
It's miserable and so am I, especially after I slosh through brown slush that used to be pure white snow.
Snow was the answer to my day.
When it first fell into place, it was beautiful, white and pure.
nothing harmful in something filled with beauty.
How can there be?
But snow has a secret.
Snow is dangerous.
and if you tread enough,
eventually,
it turns into a slushy, sloshy angry mess,
that with one wrong step,
can ruin your day.

With two wrong steps,
you can recieve an annoyed look,
from your german class neighbor,
and then be promptly left alone,
in the corner,
to your own devices.
meanwhile, the only person
who even considers talking to you
is your instructor.
And this she does
purely out of pity.

Yes, snow can be dangerous.
tread too much because
you think you're happy
and your pure white joy
turns to a brown slosh
of a miserable day.

No comments: