Thursday, May 3, 2012

I love you.








Some people called you a dog. Just a dog. 
But you are so much more than that, I assure you.
You were my best friend when I was in fourth grade.
You were there as I grew up and moved from elementary to middle and then onto highschool.
You helped me through my parents divorce, and you helped me through my first heartbreak.
Sometimes I yelled at you, and I really wish I hadn't.
I didn't know that time with you would be ending so suddenly.
I thought maybe I'd have time to say goodbye. 
Time to cuddle with you more and time to run around with you when the weather got warm.
Time to give you baths outside and time to chase you down when you ran away.
You are a beautiful dog, a beautiful best friend. 
I love you unconditionally, forever. 
I don't want you to go. I don't want you to be gone from my life.
I want more time with you, and I want to see your healthy happy drooling dog face light up when I ask  you if you want to go outside.
I want to play tug o war with you a million more times.
I want to lay down by you a fall asleep a thousand more times.

I don't want you to go.
I love you, Windswept Rosebud. 
You're not just a dog, you're my family.

No comments: