Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bandwagons are tough.

 Alcohol is a drug.  It can be addictive. It can kill people.  It can tear families apart. 

I am a person.  I always thought that alcohol wasn't a drug and that it wouldn't affect me in any way, shape or form.

My mother is an alcoholic.  She recently came back into my life. Things were going good for her.  She has a job, a boyfriend, an apartment, and my brother and me.

Alcohol, when some one is addicted to it, is devastating.  It  is a scary angry barking dog at your backdoor, and at night you open the door assuming the dog won't bite you when it awakens.  Alcohol makes happy people sad, while only making the sad appear happy.

Alcohol is an enemy to families. An enemy to happiness. 

Mom, I love you. I love you more than you could ever know.  I want you to be healthy and happy and drug free.  I want you to do more with your life than this. I know you can and I believe in you.  I know that staying on the sober bandwagon is tough, but I know that you can do it.  You should know that Tony loves you, too.  No matter what the alcohol makes you think.  He understands. I understand.

I love you. No matter what.                                             

No comments: